Moving livna-devel users over

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Oct 19 19:41:53 CEST 2008

On 11.10.2008 16:31, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> We afaics have all the main bits from livna-devel in rpmfusion-devel
> now. Thus I'd say it's time to copy the rpmfusion-release packages over
> to the livna devel repo and build a new livna-release package with
> tracks the rpmfusion-release packages in. That way those users that have
> livna properly installed will get rpmfusion automatically enabled. Once
> we have everything in place we'll later let rpmfusion-release obsolete
> livna-release and then the transition is done.
>
> Does that sound like a plan? Is everyone (especially the livna
> contributers) fine with it? Note that I plan to announce this transition
> plan to my blogs and some foums before actually doing it, to give people
> a heads up and a chance to prepare.

I'd say the repos for F8 and F9 slowly get into a shape where they are
at least as good as those from Livna. So should we start to move users
from F{8,9}-testing over to RPM Fusion slowly as well? Maybe by end of
the week? I'd say by then we also should move most of the current
packages over from the testing repos to the stable repos.