Yet again: Current package status updated (package maintainers please read!)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Oct 20 06:39:26 CEST 2008

On 20.10.2008 02:03, Stewart Adam wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> s.adam_[AT]_diffingo.com | nvidia-96xx-kmod | Not found in nonfree-devel
>> s.adam_[AT]_diffingo.com | nvidia-96xx-kmod | Not found in nonfree-F-9
>> s.adam_[AT]_diffingo.com | nvidia-legacy-kmod | Not found in nonfree-devel
>> s.adam_[AT]_diffingo.com | nvidia-legacy-kmod | Not found in nonfree-F-9
>> s.adam_[AT]_diffingo.com | xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-96xx | Not found in
>> nonfree-devel
>> s.adam_[AT]_diffingo.com | xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-96xx | Not found in
>> nonfree-F-9
>> s.adam_[AT]_diffingo.com | xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-legacy | Not found in
>> nonfree-devel
>> s.adam_[AT]_diffingo.com | xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-legacy | Not found in
>> nonfree-F-9
> Software provided by upstream does not work on F9 and rawhide
> I'm going to import these anyways soon  so that users who have downgraded
> Xorg can still have access to the drivers.

I strongly vote for not doing this -- Users that did such crazy things
can just as easy grab the drivers from the F-8 branch. And if nvidia
doesn't fix the drivers until F8 is EOL then a private repo is the way
better place for crazy things like this.

Having those drivers somewhere in the repo just gives them the
impression that it might work -- which it does not.