Yet again: Current package status updated (package maintainers please read!)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Oct 20 18:14:53 CEST 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at ...> writes:
> freshrpms acx100-firmware-1.9.8.b-1.noarch
> freshrpms acx111-firmware-1.2.1.34-1.noarch
> freshrpms dkms-tiacx-0.4.7-3.noarch
> -> outdated/doesn't build; get dropped

This is a hardware driver, are you sure this should be dropped? People might
need it. On the other hand, I don't personally have that hardware, so I don't
really care. I guess if someone needs it, they'll speak up, and hopefully also
step up to maintain it.

> freshrpms gocr-gtk-0.44-1.fc7.x86_64
> -> is in Fedora

The GTK+ frontend is actually not built in Fedora. (Only the command-line gocr
is.) But if it's actually useful, it should be built in the Fedora package.
That sounds like something to take up with the Fedora GOCR maintainer.

        Kevin Kofler