zfs-fuse review request

Andrea Musuruane musuruan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 11:10:03 CET 2008

2008/10/27 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>:
> Also note that Uwe mentioned the Fedora review request in his RPM Fusion
> bugzilla review request.

My fault. Sorry, I should have read RPM Fusion BZ and not assuming things.

>> Therefore you should ask for a review only if the package will be
>> rejected from RH Legal.
>
> I totally disagree; we had situations where it took months to get the legal
> status in Fedora resolved. RPM Fusion for such timeframes imho is a
> acceptable home for a package. But sure, if it looks like this will be
> resolved quicker (like it does now) then it makes no sense to get it into
> RPM FUsion.

Usually RH Legal is quite fast in responding and usually denying acceptance.

Therefore I agree with Thorsten. If Legal status is cleared quickly
there is no need to act here in RPM Fusion. Otherwise review can go
on.

IMHO next time, it would be advisable to have a "troubled" package to
be submitted here first and then to Fedora for a Legal check. In this
way a package submitted to Fedora should also be reviewed more
quickly.

Sorry for lot of noise.

Bye,

Andrea.