Next steps?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Oct 27 11:37:50 CET 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I know there are still some things that are not fully in shape or ready
> for the RPM Fusion launch; but that will likely always be the case (just
> like each release of a software contains some known bugs). And in fact
> it seems to me that RPM Fusion already is in better shape then Livna
> (and most if not all Livna contributors stopped updating their packages
> in Livna).
>
> So this time I'm not sending another "list of things that need to be
> fixed" mail (you can look at the old ones if you like) and just ask:
>

> What do *you* think really needs to be fixed before RPM Fusion can launch?

Nothing, we're in pretty good shape now atm. we have all important packagesa in
place (and a lot of less important ones too) and everything seems to be working
well.

> I'd say we just set a target date for the official RPM Fusion
> announcement and tell everybody to get everything in shape by then; that
> way some contributors will hopefully speed up to get the remaining
> problems fixed in time for the official launch.

+1

> Date and time of Fedora 10 preview release -4 hours

+1

Although maybe make that -24 hours, so that we can make plenty of fuzz before
the preview release, we don't want to send our announcement after the preview
release announcement. Hmm, I think we should do both:
1) Send out an announcement that we're officially open for business 24 hours
    before preview release
2) Send out an announcement ASAP after the preview release, explaining that
    testing the preview release is an excellent opportunity to also test
    rpmfusion

Regards,

Hans