Broadcom hybrid_wl driver

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Oct 27 15:44:56 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 10:27 +0000, Chris Nolan wrote:
> >> (FWIW I've got a 4328 chipset on x86_64).
> >>

> > No you don't. :)
> >
> > lspci lies, someone screwed up the name for device id 4328. The 4321
> and
> > 4322 typically sit behind a bridge that has device id 4328, or
> something
> > like that, there isn't actually a BCM4328. I believe the bridge is
> > what's driven by the ssb driver.
>
> Thanks thats good to know and clears up a lot of confusion! Any idea
> how I can probe what the actual chipset is? Apple's System Profiler
> unhelpfully refers to it as "Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (4.170.46.11)"

Under linux, I vaguely recall seeing some dmesg spew from the b43 driver
upon loading that it had found an unknown BCM432x chip... Can't recall
if it said anything more specific... Under Mac OS X, I'd look at its
dmesg output, and see if there's anything more telling to be had there.
Otherwise, the only sure-fire way I know of is to crack open the case
and look at the card itself (which is the only way I know absolutely for
sure right now that the card I put into my mini from the dell is a
BCM4321).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com