Move packages from testing to stable repos for F8 and F9

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Oct 27 18:21:22 CET 2008

On 26.10.2008 23:55, Julian Sikorski wrote:
> Christopher Stone pisze:
>> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 7:59 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info > wrote
>>     We are afaics getting closer to have RPM Fusion ready for the
>>     official lunch, so if it's fine for everyone I'd say we move the all
>>     packages from the rpmfusion updates-testing repos to the rpmfusion
>>     updates repos for F8 and F9; at the same time put new
>>     rpmfusion-release packages into the repo that have rpmfusion
>>     updates-testing disabled.
>>
>>     A few days later we then should start to use rpmfusion
>>     updates-testing properly  -- e.g. build and ship kmods and other
>>     packages in rpmfusion updates-testing to match the packages from
>>     fedoras updates-testing repos.
>>
>>     Does that sound fine for everybody?
>> Any sdlmame package that is in the testing repo should not be moved to
>> updates.
> More precisely, any sdlmame package that is of the 0xxxux (0128u1)
> should not. Full versions should definitely dwell in stable.

Anything else that should not be moved?

Which BTW brings us to the question: how do we want to handle "testing"
in the future.

The push scripts by default push everything to testing. That is IMHO a
good thing to do as default. But when to move packages to the proper
repos? Simply one week later by default? That would not be that hard to
do afaics.

Please note the "default" in above para. There are a lot of cases where
doing it differently makes sense; just two of them

-  if the maintainer has good reasons for moving a package more quickly
or more slowly

- if there are interdeps with Fedora packages that packages will get
pushed or moved to the proper repos in sync if possible.