Presto test repositories for rpmfusion

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 14:26:15 CET 2008

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:03:08 +0200, Jonathan Dieter wrote:

> I would love to see the official rpmfusion repositories become
> presto-enabled, but it would take some love from those who understand
> the build system.

What are the exact requirements?

Are presto-utils and deltarpm available for the target platform,
e.g. EL5?

The README in presto-utils reads as if all that is needed is the
path to a normal rpms repository (i.e. the parent of the repodata dir).

Updating presto repositories is just like creating them for the first
time?

It shouldn't be difficult to add another module to the pushscript.
See bottom 20 lines of

  http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/extras-buildsys/utils/pushscript/Push.py?root=fedora&view=markup

where modules like RepoPrune, RepoView, RepoBuild (createrepo) are
executed. They have access to configuration parameters so they can
construct a list of repository paths. A Presto or PrestoBuild module
would work similarly.