When to move updates from testing to stable

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Oct 30 11:00:49 CET 2008

On 30.10.2008 10:53, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> 2008/10/29 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Seems a lot of people missed below part of a mail that I send to this list a
>> few days ago. At least nobody answered, which I think is a bit astounding,
>> as it's afaics a delicate topic...
> I think that we should first understand how packages go from testing
> to stable. Who controls the process?

The ones that have access to the master repos, the push scripts and the
signing keys. That right now only me; Xavier doesn't yet have access to
the keys -- I didn't get around to do that, sorry. There are also some
push script locking issues that mschwendt pointed out; those should get
fixed, otherwise there is a risk that different people try to push at
the same time which could skrew things up.

> How can a package maintainer
> choose to issue a release to stable in a faster way (e.g. a security
> update)?

Send me a mail or ping me on IRC.

> How can a package maintainer choose not to issue a release to
> stable (e.g. a beta release)?

Send me a mail or ping me on IRC.

> IIRC we should follow Fedora as closely as possible. But again I think
> that having that infrastructure in place won't be an easy task.

Exactly :-/