request build on just one arch ?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Sep 1 14:19:13 CEST 2008

On 23.08.2008 13:14, Adrian Reber wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 07:06:33PM +1000, David Timms wrote:
>> I receive a build result message:
>>  696 (audacity-freeworld): Build on target fedora-8-rpmfusion_free
>> succeeded.
>>      Build logs may be found at
>> http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/logs/fedora-8-rpmfusion_free/696-audacity-freeworld-1.3.5-0.4.beta.fc8/
>> I notice a build did not complete {nor inform failure} for f8 on ppc64:
>> http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/plague-results/fedora-8-rpmfusion_free/audacity-freeworld/1.3.5-0.4.beta.fc8/
>> I didn't receive a build failed message, so perhaps this job went awol,
>> or the results/rpm did not copy back to the web server ?
> I do not know the reason, but if you look at the last few builds for f8
> they are all not built on ppc64. Older results from a few days ago
> include ppc64.

In the beginning F8 packages have been build for ppc64 as well; we hit
some problems in ffmpeg and some other packages; I talked to dwmw2 and
we decided that building ppc64 packages for a distro that is EOL in a
few weeks is not worth the trouble, so we disabled the ppc64 builds for
F8. I removed them from the repos last week.

Cu