quite a few packages are still missing in the repos :-(

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun Sep 7 09:46:45 CEST 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 03.09.2008 19:35, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> == packages with owners ==
>> <snip>
>> whoa those are not mine, they are all dribble packages which used to
>> be maintained by Ian Chapman, who is currently emigrating to
>> Australia, it would be good to keep them around as he may pick them up
>> again when he has go settled there, but in no way are they mine. With
>> that said I'll pickup pangzero, but the rest is not mine, nor do I
>> feel inclined to pick them up.
>
> While at it: According to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/ContributorStatusNo
> you are not participating in EPEL. So I suppose you don't have any
> interest in maintaining your RPM Fusion packages for the EL branch and
> thus all those owners.epel.list entries below are wrong? (And no, I
> didn't create those entrys
> nor did I branch those packages)?

Actually (I need to write a blog post about this and let the world) Sept
1st I've started working for RH on the installer team, so I will be
having and using RHEL on my machines from now on and thus I could try (I
say try for time reasons) to maintain my packages for EPEL too, for now
please continue importing them. I think it would be good for me to still
be in the loop for the gstreamer packages, gstreamer packages are nasty
because newer upstream gstreamer-foo packages often require a newer base
gstreamer then we have in Fedora / EPEL, this is for example why I have
different gstreamer-foo versions in F-8 then in F-9 / devel.

As for the owner ship, many of the listed packages are not much use on
EPEL, so they shouldn't be done on EPEL at all I think, shall we
co-maintain the ones which are usefull?

Regards,

Hans