Please let others know if you build a update that ships with a bumped .soname

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Sep 8 16:28:38 CEST 2008

Hi!

We have no dep-checker script (yet) that's running regularly for RPM
Fusion.  Thus: If you update a package which contains libs (like for
example the recently updated x264 package) which have a higher .soname
than before then *pretty please* mail the list and tell us about so
things can be fixed quickly. Even better: also send mails to all the
maintainers that take care of packages that depend on the old library.
Otherwise things might be broken for a few days and users will run into
trouble -- we should do our best to avoid that. I'd say that should be
way easier then in Fedora because we are a way small group of people.