@packagers: please check that your packages are properly listed in the comps files

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Sep 12 11:43:48 CEST 2008

On 12.09.2008 11:19, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> 2008/9/11 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>:
>> Not sure if that's really needed; the current group for games is called
>> "Games and Entertainment (RPM Fusion Nonfree)", which afaics should match
>> emulators as well.
>
> We have so many emulators that I think we should give them better
> visibility. I'd call it simply "Emulators (RPM Fusion Free)" and
> "Emulators (RPM Fusion Nonfree)".

Sounds fine to me.

> This problem is bigger that RPM Fusion though, since no emulator is
> listed in comps file in Fedora (hatari, fuse-emulator, simcoupe, etc).

Well, comps.xml is not that important and visible anymore since pirut is
dead -- likely one the reasons why afaics nobody in Fedora really checks
if all packages are listed in comps (¹). But properly maintaining the
comps files IMHO still is a must, as its being used by
anaconda/pungi/livecd-tools/revisor.

(¹) this was closely watched for some time, but that (like many other
things) afaics got lost or forgotten over the merge :-((