I just added RPMFusion repo to my Fedora 9

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 13:19:19 CEST 2008

2008/9/16 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>:
> On 16.09.2008 11:13, KH KH wrote:
>>
>> 2008/9/16 Julian Sikorski <belegdol at gmail.com>:
>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Also, it is not currently possible to install Cg:
>>>
>>> --> Running transaction check
>>> ---> Package Cg.x86_64 0:2.0.0015-2 set to be updated
>>> --> Processing Dependency: libCg(x86_64) = 2.0.0015-2 for package: Cg
>>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>>> Cg-2.0.0015-2.x86_64 from rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing has
>>> depsolving problems
>>>  --> Missing Dependency: libCg(x86_64) = 2.0.0015-2 is needed by
>>> package Cg-2.0.0015-2.x86_64 (rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing)
>>> Error: Missing Dependency: libCg(x86_64) = 2.0.0015-2 is needed by
>>> package Cg-2.0.0015-2.x86_64 (rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing)
>>
>> Indeed, it seems that for some reasons the libCg subpackages are
>> missing from the F-9 i386/x86_64 repositories.
>
> My fault. Fixed now.
>
> --verbose: Cg is build without disttag and kwizard told me to copy it from
> the devel repo over to the other repos. I right from the start told him on
> IRC: that's error prone, as everything special like this that needs to be
> done manually tends to go wrong. Here we have the proof for that, as I only
> copied Cg*, but not libCg* :-/
That exactly the contrary that have to be done
Nodist packages need to be built in the lowest repository (F-8) and
"let" inheritance spread it in the higher repositories.
That's what i'm used to do in the fedora side case(for wifi
firmwares), and i cannot say other than this.

Now you are mixing two kinds of problems (IMO). The nodist feature for
pre-compiled binaries of this package, and the needs to have Cg.i386
copied in the x86_64 repo (which is needed and an unusual operation
also, and it worked whereas it missed the libCg sub-packages).
I'm not aware of how it is done, (either by script or manual
intervention) and I do think this is doable.

Now i don't want to assume this is your responsability (or fault), nor
to put more work on your back.
So i'm proposing to take some part of the infrastructure jobs so we
can share the load of work.

if it fine to you ?