F8 builds should work again now (was: Re: [Fwd: Build Error (Job 893): xine-lib-extras-freeworld-1_1_15-2_fc8 on fedora-8-rpmfusion_free])

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Sep 19 06:47:14 CEST 2008

On 16.09.2008 16:33, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 16.09.2008 16:25, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> joy...
>> [...]
>> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: fedora-updates-newkey. Please verify its path and try again
>
> Missing here as well:
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/
>
> See also:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-September/msg01451.html
>
> I'd say the proper solution is to just wait for Fedora to fix their repos.

Finally the local mirrors on the builders are all up2date again. I
requeued (¹) the f8 jobs I found that failed due to those problems.

(¹) Some packager seems not be aware of it (I at least suspect so, as I
saw that some of the tags are more then once in the "failed" list), but
there really is a requeue command in plague that can be used to queue
jobs again that failed due to issues like the above. Just use something
like this:

PLAGUE_CLIENT_CONFIG=${HOME}/.plague-client-rpmfusion.cfg
/usr/bin/plague-client requeue 897

(897 is the jobid here).