Broken deps in RPM Fusion (Fedora - free) 2008-09-17

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Sep 19 15:42:01 CEST 2008

On 19.09.2008 15:19, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 September 2008 at 23:12, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> Broken packages in rpmfusion-free-development-i386:
> Thanks! :)

An additional "Many thanks" actually for my side. This really is helpful
a lot.

Just a note to make sure everyone is aware of it: Xavier is afaik
working on getting the dep-checker script running on the the system that
is used for pushing; that way we can start if after each push (that's
how it was done in Extras as well iirc). But he's not finished with that
work yet afaik.

>>     k9copy-2.0.2-2.fc10.i386  requires  libdvdcss
> Hm. It shouldn't. libdvdread doesn't and none of the apps that use
> it do that either. And since we don't have libdvdcss in RPMFusion
> (and might never have), this explicit dependency needs to be removed.

+1

>>     libmyth-0.21-9.fc10.i386  requires  libx264.so.60
> A simple rebuild should suffice.

The new x264 broke mythtv; Jarod knows about it:
http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-September/001102.html