vlc f9

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 23:48:07 CEST 2008

2008/9/27 Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com>:
> I rebuilt vlc-0.9.3-1 (from rpmfusion devel) on F9.  Built OK, but no sound.
> I get:
> [00000429] pulse audio output error: Failed to connect to server: Connection
> refused
> [00000429] pulse audio output error: Pulse initialization failed
> *** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection refused
>
> My pulseaudio should be working fine.  Using it for everthing else (e.g.,
> amarok).  Any ideas?

Well, it just works for me. your PA seems broken... did you tried with
pulseaudio -k && pulseaudio -D

The vlc-0.9.3 for F-9 is available from my kwizart-testing repository
(built for rpmfusion) , there is a plan to have it for F-8 also (once
few build error will be fixed from the fedora side - exemple: rarian).
That been said, I clearly don't plan to have the 0.9.x serie in F-8
(maybe F-9). There is still more or less severe regression that will
not be fixed until 1.0.0 serie (specially the VLM).

Nicolas (kwizart)

ps: for those who have rpmfusion set up.
rpm -ivh http://rpms.kwizart.net/kwizart-release-9.rpm
yum --enablerepo=kwizart-testing update vlc vlc-core mozilla-vlc