rpmfusion:kernel modules decision: kmod

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun Sep 28 09:24:03 CEST 2008

Hi All,

After numerous attempts we (Thorsten, Xavier and I) have failed to get in touch
which Matthias to involve him in making a decision about which packaging method
to use for kernel modules in rpmfusion.

As we really need to move forward now with rpmfusion to have everything ready
for F-10, I've proposed to Thorsten, Xavier to make a decision now without
Matthias, to which they have agreed.

So the 3 of us have made the decision that kmods and akmod will be the way to
package kernel modules within rpmfusion.

Thorsten will begin building all kmod's from livna in rpmfusion today. If there
are any out of tree drivers which you want to see packaged in rpmfusion now you
know what to do :)

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

Note that if you're interested in Free out of tree drivers, it would be even
better to spend time on getting them in to the official upstream kernel, I can
help with that if you want to spend time on that.