Did some bugzilla cleanups

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 14:33:21 CEST 2008

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 18:59:14 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> - while at it: a lot of packages that are listed in owners.list are not
> in the package list in bugzilla; how to we get that working?

As a last resort we could improve something similar to what I've
used for Livna. It's an experimental script that automatically creates
bugzilla components for new packages found in the development repo.
Since no xmlrpc interface is available at livna afaik, I uses the web
CGI with authentication. One only had to update the assignee's email
addr manually, because often the email addresses in spec changelogs
differ from the people's bugzilla addresses. Much later, when
owners.list for livna appeared, I enhanced the script to evaluate
owners.list and also update existing bugzilla components automatically.
It was a solution to automate the stuff -- proof-of-concept. It's
not polished, and I stumbled into some oddities where I didn't take the
time to examine them in detail (such as bugzilla returning unescaped
characters which are confused with html entities).