rpmfusion:kernel modules decision: kmod

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 21:57:09 CEST 2008

2008/9/28 Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info>:
> On 28.09.2008 09:24, Hans de Goede wrote:
>>
>> Thorsten will begin building all kmod's from livna in rpmfusion today.
>
> Didn't get around to it. Some work for day job, some other stuff for RPM
> Fusion, a little bit real life and building kmods for livna consumed all the
> time... I'll start with it tomorrow (hopefully).
I will be online tommorrow, so maybe I can help.

At least the nvidia's shouldn't be imported.. the parallele
installable version need to be discussed with the nvidia-kmod
maintainers (firewing1 and me). For now it is still raw. (we need to
have tools to handle the switch and fallbacks).

i can renew the madwifi snapshot. i will probably set it as
dead.package if it doesn't works with kernels 2.6.27 (assuming ath5k
now work better except maybe for master mode with hostapd). (I will
check this tommorrow)

Then i can review some new kmod and help importing (mock test if
needed) the older (livna) ones.

I will start submitting merge review of some freshrpms package i'm
tracking for some time now (dvdrip perl dependencies and cinelerra
patches upstreamed).

Nicolas (kwizart)