rpmfusion:kernel modules decision: kmod

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Sep 30 07:36:33 CEST 2008

On 30.09.2008 07:17, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 15:24 -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:

>>> FWIW, does ath5k support the EeePC 701's wifi chip?  A version of
>>> madwifi that does is in livna-testing.
>> iirc, that's the same chip that is in the Acer Aspire One (an AR2425),
>> and yes, rawhide ath5k does support it just fine.
> Excellent.  Then I'm all for dropping madwifi (for whatever miniscule
> amount it's worth).

Well, before dropping I'd really like to not only know if all the
hardware is supported (there might be other hardware that is not yet
supported by ath5k and ath9k as of 2.6.27 -- nobody from us checked that
yet afaics), but also if ath5k and ath9k can do more than just the
basics. I for example was told that monitor mode doesn't work yet with
ath9k; more than just a handful of people might want to use that. Same
with support for master mode (but the number of people doing that is
likely a lot smaller).