How to test RPM Fusion

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Sep 30 17:20:43 CEST 2008

On 30.09.2008 11:58, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Hence my questions maybe might have been answered already, but
>> - where does the name omeaga come from?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega  [...]

I more meant "who decided which name to use". If Omeaga is meant to be
the RPM Fusion spin then especially the name should have been discussed
in the RPM Fusion community before being used in a wider public.

>> - will omega become the official RPM Fusion spin or just serve as base
>> for one?
> I would like for it to be considered the official RPM Fusion spin.  I
> posted the kickstart file for feedback before but everybody seemed busy
> with other things at that point so I just went ahead and got the ball
> rolling.

Slowing down a bit and doing things properly in the community might be
very helpful and a whole lot better for each and everyone of us at this
point.

Reminder: "I simply wanted to get the ball running" was afaik and iirc
one of the main reasons why freshrpms and livna exist(ed) and competed
over the last years instead of cooperating right from start (that's how
I got the story told from the early Fedora days; errors were made on
both sides back then afaik, but afaics livna should have never existed).

 > [...]
>> - seems there are other people/groups/projects that have spins based
>> on livna already; have any attempts been made to get all of them
>> together at one table within the RPM Fusion project to bundle efforts?
> If you let me know which groups, I can get in touch with them.

I don't know any. I just saw some posts on this lists from someone else
that afaics already has experience with creating spins that contain bits
from livna.