repoview at RPM Fusion

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 17:13:02 CEST 2009

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 11:09:54 +0200, Xavier wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > Changelog details in the repoview pages are reverse. Example:
> >
> > http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/development/i386/os/repoview/vlc.html
> >
> > :-/
> >
> > This is because in createrepo/Yum, someone either still plays with sorting
> > the entries by timestamp (bad, since the timestamp accuracy is not high
> > enough, they don't contain h:m:s!) or running reverse() on them at least
> > once. If they are reverse() in the repo metadata, any tools that read the
> > changelog entries need to run reverse() once more to fix the order. That
> > is bad, too. Currently, oldest %changelog is at the top in the "other"
> > metadata.
> >
> > Yum upstream tickets #6 and #7 fix such issues, which also mess up
> > repodiff in the daily Rawhide report. Unfortunately, ticket activity has
> > stalled.
> >
> > If anyone knows how to help here, that would be appreciated.
> >

> Ping ?
> Any eta for that fix ?

For Rawhide repo metadata this patch for old repoview could be used
temporarily:
http://mschwendt.fedorapeople.org/repoview-0.5.2-modified-reverse.patch

For Fedora <= 10 and EPEL repodata it must not be used, however. I've
checked download.fedora.redhat.com repodata files, and they don't reverse()
the changelog entries.

Remains the question whether RPM Fusion also uses different versions of
"createrepo" for different target repos? ;)