Heads-up to kmod packagers: 2.6.29 heading to updates-testing

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Apr 15 09:58:06 CEST 2009

On 15.04.2009 09:19, Hans de Goede wrote:
> On 04/15/2009 06:47 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> See $SUBJECT. Details:
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kernel-2.6.29.1-30.fc10
>>
>> If you are packaging kmods: Please check if your kmod builds against
>> this kernel and update/sync with devel if necessary (ndiswrapper for
>> example needs it iirc).
>>
>> I'll of course and as usually build and push the rebuilds for above
>> kernel once bodhi sends it on the way to the repos.
>
> How are we going to handle this wrt qc-usb ? I guess someone should ask
> the Fedora kernel maintainers to add an Obsoletes for that to the
> 2.6.29 rpm ?

The kmod and the matching userland package will get uninstalled by yum
automatically sooner or later together with the old kernels. So only
akmod package would been to be obsoleted. But I'm not sure if that's
worth the trouble and it might create more problems then it solves for
those that want to keep the kmods for the older kernels around in case
they boot them again...