Return of the King? (OSSv4)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Apr 21 07:21:57 CEST 2009

On 20.04.2009 05:56, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> I don't remember reading a discussion about this. Is there anyone who
> made some research about OSSv4? I saw some good reviews and some folks
> in fedoraforum are asking about it.
>
> Can it be considered for RPMFusion? Practically, it replaces ALSA, or
> maybe it can be thought as an alternative.

FWIW, I don't like the idea very much and it feel a lot like "wasting
time" and "confusing users" to me. But I if someone really wants to
package and maintain it I'm fine with it (but I'd be way more glad if we
wouldn't provide it).

If somebody wants to do something cool for Fedora in regards of sound
support I'd say: package the creative driver for the X-Fi. ;-)