Install foo2* packages by default?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Apr 21 08:14:07 CEST 2009

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Isn't there
>> some kind of automatic printer driver download feature these days that
>> maybe can be used?
>
> Not that I'm aware of.

system-config-printer has PackageKit integration these days.

That said, last I checked all that PackageKit integration into programs
didn't work with KPackageKit, only gnome-packagekit (KPackageKit doesn't
implement the D-Bus interface which is used for this), and I haven't
checked whether the KDE printer applet (which is based on the
system-config-printer libraries) implements its part either. So at this
point it's probably a GNOME-only feature.

        Kevin Kofler