Build Error (Job 3629): mythtv-0_22-0_2_svn_r20448_fc11 on fedora-development-rpmfusion_free

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Apr 25 12:14:22 CEST 2009

On 25.04.2009 10:47, Adrian Reber wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 09:59:43PM -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> On Friday 24 April 2009 21:45:55 rpmfusion-buildsys at lists.rpmfusion.org wrote:
>>> Job failed on arch x86_64
>>>          Build logs may be found at http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/logs/fedora-development-rpmfusion_free/3629-mythtv-0.22-0.2.svn.r20448.fc11/
 > [...]
>>> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.UJHjrN (%build)
>> Seems the lisas.de builder is out of disk space...
>> http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=3629
> Correct. I think with the update to the newest version of mock it
> started to use caching (buildroot and ccache). I will delete the mock
> caches for now to get it working again.
>
> To we want mock to use caching?

I'd say we want a root_cache, as it seems to speed things up a bit.

I guess we could/should disable the yum_cache, as all builders have
nearby mirrors. Or we enable it and stop maintaining those nearby
mirrors. Or we chose depending on builder.

I'm not sure if ccache is worth the trouble. I tend to say "no".

Does anyone know if Fedora handles those different caching strategies on
its builders?

> Because then I have to increase the disk space (which is no problem).

FYI, /var/cache/mock/ grew up to 13G on j-rod's builder over the past
few days (which is not building EL). But I guess it'll grow even more
over time.

Cu