RFC: drop FTBFS packages?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Apr 29 12:52:04 CEST 2009

On 29.04.2009 12:24, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis
> <fedora at leemhuis.info>  wrote:
>>> I'd wondering if we in should drop the packages from the devel repo that
>>> remain unfixed in one or two weeks from now; of course we would need to
>>> announce that in the bug report a few days before we actually do it. And
>>> we'd need to check if the packages we drop are needed by other packages
>>> in the repo.
>>> Options?
>> Nobody? Should I take that as agreement or disagreement to "let's drop what
>> doesn't build anymore" idea?
> I think we should open bugs in bugzilla

Why open new bugs? The bugs are there already (see Bugs taht are
blocking #501) and IMHO can be used for further discussions (and are the
best place for them IMHO). That's why I didn't CC people and why I said
"of course we would need to announce that in the bug reports a few days
before we actually do it". ;-) Sorry, should have clearer from the start.

> for these and then follow the
> standard "Non Responsive Maintainers" policy that Fedora has:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/NonResponsiveMaintainers

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FTBFS would be the proper way here IMHO. I
tend to say "NonResponsiveMaintainers" would have to much impact.
Especially as we know that most (all) of them are in fact around and are
still maintaining other packages.