Where we are and where do we what to go?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 00:55:51 CET 2009

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Maybe putting everything aside and starting fresh might help; e.g.
> discuss what we want: name(s), target audience, gnome vs. kde (we
> should do both), free and nonfree, Live-Spin vs. regular install
> media, ...; that might help to get things rolling again (but maybe I'm
> wrong with that). Sure that is slower, but it might lead to what we
> all want ;-)
You keep repeating the same thing over and over again and I am getting
really tired of explaining this to you. Just drop it and move on. If you
want to insist on a new name, go ahead and be my guest. If you find
consensus, let me know. I am building on a desktop kickstart based live
cd and that's all I have time for. If others want to build a KDE based
live cd, sure, feel free to participate. I did inform Rex Dieter and
others in the KDE SIG this.

> I brought that topic up a few days already in a mail. Until that is
> solved: If you want to get something decided by the steering committee
> then ask it and I'm sure you'll get an answer.
>
> But right now there isn't much to decide afaik, as omega includes
> packages that are not part of Fedora and RPM Fusion. That IMHO makes
> it just as unacceptable for RPM Fusion as an official Fedora spin with
> a RPM Fusion package in it.
You already brought this up before and I repeat, there is nothing
outside of Fedora and RPM Fusion packages in Omega.

>> As long as decisions don't get done, I would have to continue hosting
>> it outside this project.
>
> That's for me sounds a lot like "my packages were not reviewed; there
> wasn't even a real reviewer, just a few random comment; so instead of
> trying harder or getting exchange reviews organized I start my own
> repo instead of participating to Fedora or RPM Fusion".
Nothing close to it. I wanted to host Omega in RPM Fusion mirrors. I
asked on list a few times and no decision was ever made. The option was
to drop all my work on the floor or host it elsewhere. I am hosting it
elsewhere till people here decide on something since I did not want my
work to be wasted. I will ask again, are you or the steering committee
or whoever it is that is making the decision now willing to host Omega?

Rahul