mplayer & ffmpeg with VDPAU Support

Felix Kaechele felix at fetzig.org
Wed Mar 4 11:45:47 CET 2009

Hello List!

I'm sure that at least the maintainers of mplayer and ffmpeg have
considered adding this. I have adjusted the SPEC files locally on my
machine to test VDPAU. Now I wanted to know if it would be possible to
include VDPAU support in packages in RPMFusion?
One main issue I'd see is that VDPAU support would make the packages
that support it nonfree wether or not they are basically free, since
they would have a BuildRequirement on xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-devel.

What are your opinions?

Greetings,
Felix