mplayer & ffmpeg with VDPAU Support

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:58:11 CET 2009

2009/3/4 Andrea Musuruane <musuruan at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
>> ... but you could use non-free to replace packages from free ...
>>
>> It's essentially the same as to replace packages from Fedora with RPMFusion
>> packages, only that it would be RPMFusion replacing itselves ;)
>
> It is RPM Fusion policy NOT to replace packages from Fedora.

We do not replace package, we replace library using the system dynamic linker.

In  the general case:
What leaded to replacement library versus non-replacement package:
1/ It is always possible to have both packages installed.
2/ It is eventually possible to support a switch for which system wide
library to use
3/ if needed, the switch can be implemented from a given apps using
it's own LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
4/ etc