First Package Submission

dave at is1337.net dave at is1337.net
Tue Mar 17 19:24:39 CET 2009

Quoting Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>:

> Works here, but you need the latest rpm/yum updates for F-10.
>
> -- Rex

Hi,

   I am up to date with Fedora 10 packages--no rawhide packages are
installed on this machine.  I run the basic `mock -r fedora-10-i386
rpm`, and it dies with this:
ERROR: Command failed:
  # /usr/bin/yum --installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-10-i386/root/
resolvedep  ccache  'cmake' 'libXv-devel' 'libglademm24-devel'
'gtkglextmm-devel' 'desktop-file-utils' 'SDL-devel'

   That yum command works fine without the install root specified.
Trying anything at all using that root makes it unhappy.
# yum --installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-10-i386/root/ info kernel
Segmentation fault

   I have tried deleting the mock build directories and all local
caches for yum, etc.  The mock logs don't tell me anything other than
yum quit in error.  Am I doing something obviously wrong?  (Again, the
same command works fine with Fedora 9 specified instead.)

  Thanks,
   Dave