Stronger Hashes

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Mar 25 18:54:19 CET 2009

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-March/msg00004.html
| here:
| """
|> At the same time, Rel-Eng was attempting to get the Fedora 11 Beta
packages
|> signed with a newly generated f11-test key that is much larger in
size (this
|> is related to the Stronger Hashes Feature that is coming with F11).
The use
|> of the larger GPG key requires some different arguments to be passed
to rpm
|> for the signing phase, including using --digest-algo sha256.  The signing
|> script was being reworked to invoke rpm correctly for this Feature,
as well
|> as still work for the current release's GPG keys.
| """

Okay, mschwendt updated the push scripts (many thanks for your support
Michael!) to support different signing commands for different repos. I
created a new key and new release packages and everything afaics works
now as it's supposed to be.

The public key for the new signing key is part of the new release
packages that are available in RPM Fusion {non,}free for Fedora rawhide
since a few days now. Find the fingerprints as clearsigned file attached.

All new packages get signed with the new key. That means: If you don't
update regularly then you might need to update rpmfusion-free-release
and rpmfusion-nonfree-release first, then everything else -- otherwise
yum will complain that is has no key to verify. Also please make sure
that your merge /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion*free*.repo.rpmnew files if
they get created during install of the new release packages, as those
files will contain the path to the new key.

We afaics could start a mass-rebuild now if we want to, but I guess it
might make sense to wait for the ffmpeg update. Dominik?