RPM Fusion (Fedora - free) Package Build Report 2009-03-29

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Mar 30 05:40:35 CEST 2009

rpmfusion-pkgs-report at rpmfusion.org wrote:
> x264-0.0.0-0.20.20080905.fc10
> -----------------------------
> * Thu Mar 26 2009 Dominik Mierzejewski <...> 0.0.0-0.20.20080905
> - build against gpac-devel-static by default,
>   x264 needs just a small part of gpac

I don't really see this as a good reason to build against the static
version. This means it will have to be rebuilt each time the "small part of
gpac" it uses changes. Plus, did you ask anybody before doing this? In
Fedora, static linking must be approved by FESCo, I'm not sure what the
procedure in RPM Fusion should be, but a single maintainer making the
decision shouldn't be it.

        Kevin Kofler