Packaging openmotif for rpmfusion

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Tue Mar 31 00:17:04 CEST 2009

Resending this from my subscribed email address...

On 03/26/2009 06:33 PM, Jochen Schmitt wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I'm trying to create a openmotif package which I want to introduced into
> rpmfusiion. Unfortunately,
> I have the following issue:
>
> openmotif-devel and lesstif-devel can't been installed on the same
> system. But I can't remove
> lesstif-devel because mesa-libGLw-devel has a Requirement to lesstif-devel.
>
> So I would to ask, if we can to the following:
>
> 1.) Add a 'Provides: motif-devel' in lesstif-devel
>
> 2.) Rename the lesstif-devel dependencies in mesa-libGLw-devel into
> motif-devel.
>
> I will be glad for your feedback.

You can move the files that belong to openmotif-devel into
/usr/include/openmotif/ and/or %{_libdir}/openmotif/

FWIW, I am also looking into getting openmotif in RPMFusion, so please
keep me in the loop (you can use this email address or
kanarip at kanarip.com which is what I'm registered with in different
Bugzilla's).

Thanks,

Kind regards,