HandBrake / private libraries

Bernard Johnson bj80421 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 05:49:31 CEST 2009

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>> a52dec-0.7.4.tar.gz + A52_DOLBY patch
>
> Have you tried getting that patch accepted in a52dec upstream?

I have not gotten that far.  I just pared down the libraries to the few
listed.

This is the patch in question:
http://www.symetrix.com/~bjohnson/projects/rpmfusion/patch-a52dec.patch

I believe I will be able to use the stock a52dec libraries, just missing
that functionality.

>> ffmpeg-r15462.tar.gz, precursor to 0.5 + several patches
>
> I might be able to help here. 0.5 is in devel and I'm planning to get
> it into F-10 eventually. What are the patches for?

Here are the patches:
http://www.symetrix.com/~bjohnson/projects/rpmfusion/patch-ffmpeg-latm.patch
http://www.symetrix.com/~bjohnson/projects/rpmfusion/patch-ffmpeg-mpegleak.patch

Once again, I think I'll be able to use the stock ffmpeg (0.5) - just
without the mpeg leak fixed and the AAC LATM functionality.

>> libdca-r81-strapped.tar.gz + additional ABI changes
>
> What changes?

Well, besides not being exactly sure what "r81-strapped" gets me yet,
this patch is applied:
http://www.symetrix.com/~bjohnson/projects/rpmfusion/patch-libdca.patch

Still working on trying to figure out where this library stands.

>> libmp4v2-r45.tar.gz
>
> Is this different from what we're shipping?

Yes, unfortunately very different.  Looks like quite a bit of the API
has changed between the shipping version and this snapshot.

>> x264-r1028-83baa7f.tar.gz + several patches
>
> What are the patches for?

I was mistaken, there were more patches included, but for Linux, only
this one applied.  I *think* I can live without this.  At least I'll try
to build with the shipping x264

IDR frames
http://www.symetrix.com/~bjohnson/projects/rpmfusion/patch-x264-idr.patch