Repos for F12 should be ready

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Nov 17 06:51:31 CET 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote on 16.11.2009 18:43:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> Conrad Meyer wrote on 15.11.2009 21:58:
>>> Can you post about what steps were involved in this process?
>> In Detail: No, as that would take multiple hours. But the rough and
>> mostly (not fully) up2date steps can be found on
>> http://rpmfusion.org/Infrastructure/PrepareRelease
> Well, I know you're busy with doing the actual work, but I think lack of
> documentation is one of the reasons why RPM Fusion doesn't have any new
> admins outside of the existing "inner circle" volunteering.

I fully agree. But talk to Xavier about that, I'm considering myself
only the rel-eng guy that highly unwillingly did some infra work here to
make sure RPM Fusion keeps running properly. Also note that even I don't
know how some things work in the infra area. That's for example the
reason why CVS isn't branched yet.

IOW: I want documentation and guidance from Xavier as well.

>From the rel-eng standpoint there is not much documentation needed, as
the main parts are already on above page, obvious (but yes, that page
can be improved a lot) or documented on the Fedora side. The latter IMHO
is what we should aim for in general and only document things where we
differ, as that makes everybody's life easier.

> There's no way
> for a new volunteer to start helping out if they don't know what they're
> supposed to do. :-(

Fully agreed. And I'm willing to help explaining things to people that
want to help when needed, but first Xavier has to let people in -- which
he afaics is preparing for.