nvidia-config-display misbehavior

Stewart Adam maillist at diffingo.com
Fri Nov 20 03:54:56 CET 2009

On 2009/11/18 7:53 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
> I would have never guess that.
Sorry, I know it's not obvious but I've tried to document that where I
could. For now there's just no sane way of solving the problem I mentioned
and this is the best way to keep things "just working" for most users. FWIW,
we're switching to rpmfusion-config-display soon that should make a big
difference, but it's still in beta and because of school and work I don't
have a huge amount of time to devote to it.

Note also that starting the display configuration application from the
System > Administration has a clear option to disable the auto-editing behavior.

> Usage: livna-config-display [OPTIONS]
>
> General:
>    -h, --help
>          Display this help message
>    -v, --verbose
>          Increase verbosity
>    --gui
>          Use graphical interface (default)
>    --tui
>          Use text interface
>    --active on|off
>          Should livna-config-display edit configuration files?
>
> That description of --active sounds nothing like a switch to disable the
> driver.

The description for the active parameter relates pretty closely to what you
originally posted about though:
 > After investigating, I found that every time I run telinit, nvidia script
will _rewrite xorg.conf_!

Regards,
Stewart