Suggestion to simplify initial kmod-nvidia install (w/script correction)

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 14:39:28 CET 2009

Thx for the suggestion, this message has been forwared on the "RPM
Fusion developers discussion list" for public audience.
Please answear there instead.(once subscribed).

Few answears:
- setsebool will not be needed anymore (exept for the nvidia-smi
binary on x86 which is only used for tesla hardware).
- Creating a separate initramfs is probably the way to go. But I
wonder if that could be implemented as a dracut plugin instead, and
then generalised to others alternate proprietary drivers.
- There is improvements needed for a new  packaging scheme that will
split installation and usage for proprietary driver. (it doesn't mean
the driver is installed that the driver is meant to be used).