XBMC packages

Pierre-Yves pingou at pingoured.fr
Mon Nov 30 17:48:52 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 17:34 +0100, Rolf Fokkens wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On the RPMfusion Wishlist is XBMC
>
> As it's also on my personal wishlist, I created some XBMC packages. They
> can be found at http://rolffokkens.dyndns.org/. The packages are based
> on packages by Scott Harvanek, I modified them so XBMC 9.11 beta 1
> compiles and runs on Fedora 11 and Fedora 12.
>
> Though my single purpose is to have XBMC for my HTPC project, the
> packages may also be a starting point for inclusion in RPMfusion. I can
> assist to make this happen, though I don't have a strong ambition to be
> a RPMfusion contributor. So positive feedback may stimulate me to make
> the packages RPMfusion-ready, but I'm perfectly happy with the packages
> the way they are now.

I have been looking into it sometime ago but I stopped somewhere on the
way. I would be really happy to see it coming into RPMFusion :-)
And I know I am not the only one, there has been few days ago people
trying to compile/install it on the french fedora forum.

Thanks for the rpm and I hope you can make it into RPMFusion,

Pierre