XBMC packages

Chris Nolan chris at cenolan.com
Mon Nov 30 18:25:33 CET 2009

Nicolas Chauvet wrote:

> Do we known what is the diff between the original python and their ?
> which patch do they bundle and if they could eventually be merged upsteam ?
> Or they just use another version of python (such as 2.5 or 3.1.x) ?
>
> Nicolas (kwizart)

I think they bundle Python 2.4.5 (!!)

There are some relevant tickets in their trac:

http://www.xbmc.org/trac/ticket/7754 (includes a patch to make xbmc work
with python 2.6 - I haven't verified or even looked at this patch yet)

http://www.xbmc.org/trac/ticket/7785 (patch to fix a python 2.6 crash)

Also a couple of other potential problems with XBMC and RPM Fusion:

1) We have to exclude libdvdcss support :(
2) RPM Fusion ffmpeg doesn't inlcude libfaac support :(

Maybe this package would be better suited to being held in livna along
with libdvdcss?

Chris