The .desktop files of multimedia packages

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 21:18:03 CEST 2009

Hi all,

As some of you might have noticed, I updated some of your multimedia
packages in Fedora, so that they have proper "Categories" that will
populate our multimedia/sound&video menu's submenus. The submenus will
be enabled if you install the multimedia-menus package that is
currently available in rawhide and F-11 testing. This was announced in
fedora-devel list around August 10th.

I am asking RPMFusion packagers the same thing: Please update the
.desktop files according to this description [1]. Most likely we will
have the F-12 branching here 1-2 weeks before the F-12 release. If the
.desktop files of some packages are not updated by then, I will go
through them one by one (as I did in Fedora) shortly before the F-12
branching. Please let me know if you do not your package to be
touched.

Also let me know if you have questions about categorization about you package.

Thanks!
Orcan

PS: What is the approximate F-12 branching date?

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraStudio