build targets

solarflow99 solarflow99 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 15:29:11 CEST 2009

I just wanted to clarify this, what will happen if I use %{ix86}
anyways?  why not just hardcode i686 in then?
I see most other packages are i686 already.

>* On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:22:29 +0800, solarflow99 wrote:
*>*
*>>* yes, I noticed my builds are going ppc, etc.  All my program works with is
*>>* i386, its not able to build on other platforms.
*>*
*>* ExclusiveArch: i386
*
This answer is of course correct, but I think you meant that you
wanted to build for ix86 only. That is i386 for F-10, i586 for F-11
and i686 for devel.

You would normally use this:
ExclusiveArch: %{ix86}

But this do not work in plague. Plague would build for ALL ix86 arch available.

Therefore, to achieve the wanted result you should do something like this:

%if 0%{?fedora} >= 12
ExclusiveArch: i686
%endif
%if 0%{?fedora} >= 11