Orphaning avidemux

Stewart Adam maillist at diffingo.com
Mon Aug 30 17:51:41 CEST 2010

  Hi,

I'd like to orphan avidemux and offer it to someone who can take better care
of it than I can. I'm a bit short on time lately and avidemux is pretty
demanding on it...

As a heads up to the next maintainer, there are a few outstanding issues:
- Avidemux currently is not compiling on devel (or at least, it wasn't the
last time I checked about a month ago)
- Avidemux bundles many libraries internally, some of them are outdated
compared to upstream and others are patched/"forked"
- From my experience, it is very tough to get a response from upstream
regarding bugs or other misc. questions.

Regards,
Stewart