Using %filter_from_provides in RPM Fusion builds

Göran Uddeborg goeran at uddeborg.se
Thu Dec 30 19:49:17 CET 2010

The way to filter out unwanted requirements nowdays is to use
%filter_from_requires according to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:AutoProvidesAndRequiresFiltering
When I do my regular builds and mock builds this works fine.  But when
I tried to do a plague build it fails:

    error: line 28: Unknown tag: %filter_from_requires /perl(m2vmp2cut)/d
    error: query of specfile m2vmp2cut.spec failed, can't parse

In my own environment, the macro is defined in
/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/macros, part of
redhat-rpm-config-9.1.0-5.fc14.noarch.

Is this my error?  If so, what do I do wrong?  Or is it something
broken in the build environment?

When doing the cvs-import I got a Python traceback, as just reported
in a separate mail.  It does seem a bit far fetched that there would
be a connection between these two errors.  But you never know!