Push needed for audacious-freeworld package

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Feb 1 09:54:42 CET 2010

Michael Schwendt wrote on 01.02.2010 09:46:
> On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 07:23:38 +0100, Thorsten wrote:
>> Michael Schwendt wrote on 31.01.2010 23:45:
>> > Somebody please push the
>> >   audacious-freeworld
>> > test update for F-12 free into "stable".
>> Shall I push it immediately ot try to sync it with the next Fedora push?
> Dunno how feasible that is considering mirror sync times and Bodhi
> bugs. Making the -freeworld pkg available before Audacious 2.2 would be
> safer due to strict dependencies.

It's possible to see an ongoing push something like 4 to 10 hours before
the new stuff hits the mirrors by watching koji tags closely. As Fedora
also has mirror sync times I'd prefer to push the new audacious plugins
package later today or when I see that a push on the Fedora side was
started (if that's fine for you).

>> Or IOW: Will the 2.2-add-on-package work with the old audacious?
> It's the opposite: The old add-ons are incompatible with the new Audacious.

Yeah, that was obvious ;-)

> However there is no dependency to reflect that. They would be disabled at
> run-time.
>
> The new add-ons require the new Audacious plugins version. Hence they
> can only be installed as soon as the new Audacious becomes available, too.

Ahh, okay, so only broken deps on our side then for a while. Not nice,
but acceptable afaict.

Cu