Multimedia stack update (was Re: mplayer and codecs.conf)

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 23:55:25 CEST 2010

2010/6/15 Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at greysector.net>:
> (Moving discussion to -developers)
>> > I'll fix that when I have some time. As I said before, comaintainers
>> > are welcome.
>> Hi Rathann,
>>
>> BTW, co-maintainer speaking.
>>
>> I'm testing another x264/FFmpeg stack for vlc-1.1. Do you mind I can
>> push it. for Rawhide.
>
> In general, yes, but I'd like to see the diffs first.
I will rebase on 0.6 that have been released. Since I will have fix
for the ffmpegsuffix macro I've just used to bundle a special version
built shared of FFmpeg for vlc. (with libva support etc).
Or you can grab it there:
http://rpms.kwizart.net/fedora/13/SRPMS/ffmpeg4vlc-0.6-0.4.20100612svn.fc13.src.rpm
(but I will have more time to commit a cleaner patch next week).

>> We might want to backport it in F13 once tested but:
>>
>> Two things:
>> - I'm currently unable to het libvpx in (missing include intype.h or else)
>
> Do you have build logs somewhere that I can see them?
I guess it's a problem with FFmpeg using a not yet release version of libvpx.
The preliminary version of the libvpx support for FFmpeg did have that
intype.h include.
It was reviewed as not necessary and probably reworked in the libvpx library.

>> - For F13,  vlc-1.0.x users seems to have problem to encode in mp4 with in h264.
>
> You mean "problem encoding h264 in mp4 container"? Any details?
Here is one report: (not yet in bz)
http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=77425&start=0
and
http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=76928