VirtualBox-OSE and F14 - Unresponsive Maintainer procedure : Lubomir Rintel

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 11:33:35 CET 2010

2010/11/12 Lubomir Rintel <lkundrak at v3.sk>:
..
> Despite I'm updating the package, and will try to keep it up to date
> whenever possible I sadly don't have much time to give the package love
> it deserves and would be very thankful if someone else could take of it.
Thx for your work on the package. (side note, you are missing the
update to the kmod side of VirtualBox-OSE)

> Are there any issues that prevent the package (and possibly others) from
> being commitable to by any RPM Fusion commiter? (I thought there was one
> other co-maintainer for vbox there, possibly not enough.) This could fix
> a barrier that prevents others from doing a fix if the maintainer is
> irresponsi(ve|ble).
Nothing prevents to have more co-maintainers for a given package.

The only thing I can help with is to relay your call to request other
co-maintainers.

But if no active maintainer is working on VirtualBOX, it willl be
better to drop it. Many users already switched to the Oracle
repository because the support interruption in RPM Fusion. So there is
no reason to strive, specially as maintainer ressources are limited.

Thx