avidemux for devel/F-15: Is there a C programmer in the house?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Apr 17 07:53:21 CEST 2011

Richard Shaw wrote:
> /builddir/build/BUILD/avidemux_2.5.4/avidemux/ADM_UIs/ADM_QT4/src/T_configMenu.cpp:213:69:
> error: taking address of temporary [-fpermissive]
> /builddir/build/BUILD/avidemux_2.5.4/avidemux/ADM_UIs/ADM_QT4/src/T_configMenu.cpp:319:54:
> error: taking address of temporary [-fpermissive]
> /builddir/build/BUILD/avidemux_2.5.4/avidemux/ADM_UIs/ADM_QT4/src/T_configMenu.cpp:359:54:
> error: taking address of temporary [-fpermissive]

The error here is that:
bool ADM_QconfigMenu::selectConfiguration(QString *selectFile, ConfigMenuType configurationType)
takes a QString *. It should really be taking a const QString &. Change
QString *selectFile to const QString &selectFile in that function's prototype
and remove the & from the 3 calls to that function.

That function also compares the result of QComboBox::itemText, which is a
QString, with selectFile. I have no idea how that works. If you change the type
of selectFile to const QString &, it should do the right thing.

        Kevin Kofler