avidemux for devel/F-15: Is there a C programmer in the house?

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 15:32:33 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 12:53 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> The error here is that:
>> bool ADM_QconfigMenu::selectConfiguration(QString *selectFile, ConfigMenuType configurationType)
>> takes a QString *. It should really be taking a const QString &. Change
>> QString *selectFile to const QString &selectFile in that function's prototype
>> and remove the & from the 3 calls to that function.
>
> I think I did it right but I ran into another error. Here's the lines
> as changed:
>
> 141: bool ADM_QconfigMenu::selectConfiguration(const QString
> &selectFile, ConfigMenuType configurationType)
> 213: selectConfiguration(QFileInfo(configFileName).completeBaseName(),
> CONFIG_MENU_USER);
> 319: configMenu->selectConfiguration(QString(configName), *configType);
> 359: configMenu->selectConfiguration(QString(configName), *configType);
>
> Did I make the changes correctly?
> I'll paste the new errors at the bottom.
>
>> That function also compares the result of QComboBox::itemText, which is a
>> QString, with selectFile. I have no idea how that works. If you change the type
>> of selectFile to const QString &, it should do the right thing.
>
> I somewhat understanding what you're saying but I'm not up on C enough
> to quite apply your suggested changes to the code.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
>
> /builddir/build/BUILD/avidemux_2.5.4/avidemux/ADM_UIs/ADM_QT4/src/T_configMenu.cpp:141:7:
> error: prototype for 'bool
> ADM_Qt4Factory::ADM_QconfigMenu::selectConfiguration(const QString&,
> ConfigMenuType)' does not match any in class
> 'ADM_Qt4Factory::ADM_QconfigMenu'

This is C++ rather than C. You also need to update the corresponding
header file, possibly T_configMenu.h
Look for class "ADM_QconfigMenu" in the header file. It will contain
the member prototypes. You need to update the function
selectConfiguration() the same way you updated it in the
implementation file T_configMenu.cpp .

Orcan